- It is used as a coating agent for candies and other sweets. Being a natural and plant-based substance, it can be safely used in food products.
- It is used as a vegetarian substitute in place of gelatin, as it is a vegetable wax. This also proves beneficial to those who do not prefer animal-derived products.
- It is used as a polishing agent to deliver a glossy finish in polishes and waxes for cars, shoes, instruments, etc. A combination of carnauba wax, beeswax, and turpentine can be used in floor and furniture polishes.
- It is employed in the making of candles.
- As a coating agent, it is used for dental floss, paper, as well as disposable cups and plates, and on various other surfaces.
- It is used as an ingredient in deodorants.
- It is used in the manufacture of reinforced plastics where it functions as an agent for releasing mold.